1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

question about Nashville/Vanderbilt

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Legend, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My interview at Vandy is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Jan 17th.
    However, because of my flight schedule, I will be arriving in Nashville 24 hours before my interview. Basically, I have one full day to chill.
    Since I have never been to the south, I want to check out some nice places (if any).

Can anyone suggest some of the things I should do?

Also, is there anyone else who is going to be at Vandy on the 16th or 17th?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

when i went down to vandy it was quite a culture shock, but you should see some good ole' country music while you're there. The country music hall of fame is in downtown and it's supposed to be cool. Broadway ave is a strip of live country music bars, i had 5 extra hrs before my flight out so I popped around down there. Broadway actually runs right into campus, it's like a 25 minute walk or a $6 cab ride. if you just walk around down there you can see the river and there's the titans stadium and a bunch of clubs and bars if your there at nite. Take a cab to like broadway and 4th (river is 0th, vanderbilt is at like 25th) and just walk around, it's safe and pretty small/walkable area.

enjoy nashville, I was very glad to see the south, but I think that 1.5 days was enough to satisfy me for a lifetime or 2 ;)