question about not completing secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legend

Super Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I listed some schools on my AMCAS application and decided not to complete their secondaries, would I be considered a reapplicant next year? (suppose I apply to those schools next year).

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you applied to a school through AMCAS you are considered a reapplicant next year. Not sending in a secondary does not change this because the AMCAS app (not the secondary) is what designates whether you applied or not.

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•If you applied to a school through AMCAS you are considered a reapplicant next year. Not sending in a secondary does not change this because the AMCAS app (not the secondary) is what designates whether you applied or not.•

thanks.
then I may as well complete a few more secondaries despite my horrific MCAT score.

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•If you applied to a school through AMCAS you are considered a reapplicant next year. Not sending in a secondary does not change this because the AMCAS app (not the secondary) is what designates whether you applied or not.•

yes his right...as long as u turn in the AMCAS application.....u are automatically regarded a second year applicant, even if you don't turn in the secondary...so in all honesty, it wouldn't hurt if you applied unless you feel that you want to take it again and increase your chances...