Question about notifying admissions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fozzy40

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been waitlisted at NYCOM for this coming fall but also accepted at LECOM's post-bacc program. I called last week and heard that the waitlist is not yet open and was told that it could open "any day now" by the admission's office. My question is, do you think that I should notify the admission (i.e. a formal letter) notifying them that I have been accepted into another program but would like to attend their medical program? Im hoping that this may show my commitment and maybe it will help them take my name off of waitlist faster...haha

Fred

Fred

Members don't see this ad.

I could really use your advice guys so im just trying to keep this near the top;)

And I'll help keep it at the top by reminding people that they can post a message and then delete it. Your thread will get bumped up just as much, but won't be cluttered with stuff like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is very common. It would be like a statement of interest, but if you say you'll go you have to go. I would definitely write the letter and tell them you will go and it is your top choice. I don't know if I would say you are accepted into another program. You could also ask Gower on medicalgold.com.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think that I should even mention that I have been accepted to a post-bacc program as a contingency? In the letter that I wrote I mention that if I get off of the waitlist that I would go. Thanks again.

Fred

I would be honest and tell them exactly what is going on. I did that when I was waiting for an interview with PCOM, and they gave me an interview date right over the phone.

I explained to them what my situation was, and that I wanted to go to PCOM, and they offered me an interview...it is not the same circumstance, but try the direct and honest approach...