Question about NYMC interview timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slimshady83

M1
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched old threads but couldn't find this info.

I was invited for an interview at NYMC a few days ago and scheduled it for December 10th. I scheduled it online and the range of days was from around December 2nd to December 15th. Anyway, after I scheduled it, I realized maybe I should have called the admissions office to see if there was anything earlier since they most likely have rolling admissions. Can someone tell me if I will be at a disadvantage by interviewing in December instead of an earlier date in October or early November?

I know they interview through April so December is not really that late but I'm still curious.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't had my interview there yet, I go on the 8th of Nov, but I saw on their website that they dont offer any acceptances until December. With that reasoning, you shouldnt really be late. I dont think that a few weeks' earlier interview would make or break your acceptance. Also, they say to give them 8 weeks or so after your interview date to hear your verdict...

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much...I interviewed at NYMC Oct 3rd...and they said they wouldn't have any sort of decision until sometime in December...so you're prob not at much (if any) of a disadvantage going a little later