Question about PCO admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

od2b

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from PCO indicating that I am missing several items from my application packet. Is it reasonable to get an interview eventhough the following items still need to be submitted:

Letters of Recommendation
Official transcripts (I submitted an unofficial transcript with the application)
OAT scores

Thanks for you help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi od2b -- I got the same letter (missing the same things, in fact), and received an invitation for interview not too long after that.

Is PCO your first choice? Maybe we'll be classmates! :D

Yes r_salis! PCO is my first choice...I hope we can be classmates! I hope to hear from the soon!

By the way, I think you mentioned that you are taking the OAT in Baltimore next Saturday. I am too! I wish you much success on your test!:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
You most likely won't get an interview without them having your transcripts. (at least) Maybe without recommendation letters, but I'd recommend getting everything in to them ASAP !!! On schools with rolling admission.. the longer you wait.. the harder it gets.
Good luck guys!! :)

I agree with cpw

This is all i can write, b/c i have to get back to studying for my big anatomy exam on monday!!!

When is winter break going to get here!!:(

I sure will, r_salis :)

Thanks for your advice. I submitted unofficial transcripts with my application per the recommendation of an admissions counselor at PCO. During my campus visit I was instructed to submit unofficial transcripts so they would have something on file until my official transcipts were available, and that I would still be considered for an interview WITHOUT the official transcripts.

Are you suggesting this information was incorrect? Nonetheless, I will have my official transcripts sent, but I was just wondering why I received incorrect information from the admissions counselor.

R_salis - did you submit unofficial or official transcripts?

I don't know about PCO, but every school I applied to (SCCO, Berkeley, and UHCO) said they ONLY took OFFICIAL transcripts. Some of them said they had to be sent directly to the school too (ie. not to me so I could enclose them with my application).
I'd definitely send in OFFICIAL transcripts asap so they have them. Don't want to lose out because of a minor detail like that. HOpefully they didn't tell you the wrong thing.
Good luck!

Originally posted by od2b
R_salis - did you submit unofficial or official transcripts?
I submitted both -- I sent an unofficial along with my application, and requested an official transcript to be sent directly to PCO. I know it wasn't that long ago, but I can't remember why I did it that way. Maybe one of the two schools I applied to (SUNY is the other one) wanted an unoffical along with their app, so I just sent one to both. In any case, I don't think PCO requested an interview until after they received my official.