Question about Physics Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SolZer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Introduction to Physics (PHY101) count towards the Physics prereq's?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for your reply although I'm not sure I quite understand what you said. Will Gen Physics I & II be sufficient?

yes General Physics I and II will count for a pre-rec for medical school. That is what I did. Went to a four year college, obtained a BS, then went to a junior college and obtained my pre-recs.

Hope this helps

Chris

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SolZer
Does Introduction to Physics (PHY101) count towards the Physics prereq's?

I took PHY 111 at Chandler Gilbert, the corresponding second semester would be the next one up. The second semester I took it at U of AZ Lecture: PHYS 103, Lab PHYS 182 (next number down for first semester through the universities). These are the ones you need in the AZ system and would think you would want to take these since this is where you will be going to school. :D

As long as you don't take a "principles of physics" course you'll probably be fine. Look for physics or majors or non-majors. At my school physics for non-majors was called Physics 011 and 012 but physics for majors was physics 001 and 002.

The class DOES NOT need to be calculus based.

Thanks all for your input.

Avoid calculus based physics at all costs!! :)