Question about PICU rotation at Texas Children's Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I am thinking about doing an outside elective (in my 2nd year)in Houston and PICU at TCH is one I am considering. I would appreciate feedback about the PICU rotation at TCH in terms of teaching, educational value, and malignancy.

In my program, as an intern I am not doing PICU and thus, this will be the first time I am doing PICU if I choose to do it there.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm still hoping someone in residency will answer you. Maybe they did by PM?

I have some friends who are residents there and know that it is a very intense rotation with a heavy workload. I know it's not a favorite rotation, but the residents I know also don't care for any ICU, so I don't think that's very telling. Sorry!

If no one answers you in the next few days PM me and I'll try to get you some contacts.

I'm still hoping someone in residency will answer you. Maybe they did by PM?

I have some friends who are residents there and know that it is a very intense rotation with a heavy workload. I know it's not a favorite rotation, but the residents I know also don't care for any ICU, so I don't think that's very telling. Sorry!

If no one answers you in the next few days PM me and I'll try to get you some contacts.

Thank you for your reply. I did get a reply via PM
Thanks