Question about Pitt Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashasnarf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can those of you who interviewed at Pitt tell me what you thought, as well as what the schools admissions process are like. I have heard that they won't make a decision on applications till middle of March, so that it you interview before then you will get notice by March 15th. However, if you interview after that date, your file is under a rolling admissions process? Is this true? I am hoping to receive an interview even though I filed my application late. Am I dreaming or do I still have a reasonable chance of interviewing and getting accepted? Did the Admissions people at Pitt say that the admissions process for them has been pushed back because of AMCAS problems, or are they on schedule? What are the ballpark figures for Pitt interviews and acceptances (GPA and MCAT. I ask because I want to gauge wether it is reasonable to expect to hear from Pitt, what else do they stress about what they look for in an applicant??Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey- I'm an undergrad at Pitt, and the only thing I can really say is that they are working on interviews now, but they are WAY BEHIND. AMCAS messed everything up and they are being slow. I'm not sure when they start accepting, but you are right that after that point it is rolling. Good luck! :)