Question about pre-req classes for med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drwham

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to apply Summer of 09. I have not taken organic chem two lab yet and won't be able to take that until summer 09. am i supposed to have completed organic chem two lab before applying to medical school or just as long as I complete it before attending medical school? Thanks

(oh yea, I am only lacking organic chem two lab, I have completed inorganic chem with labs, organic 1 with lab and organic 2 class, biochem 1 and 2 with labs)

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to apply Summer of 09. I have not taken organic chem two lab yet and won't be able to take that until summer 09. am i supposed to have completed organic chem two lab before applying to medical school or just as long as I complete it before attending medical school? Thanks

(oh yea, I am only lacking organic chem two lab, I have completed inorganic chem with labs, organic 1 with lab and organic 2 class, biochem 1 and 2 with labs)

You don't have to have it done by the time to apply. Be careful with taking classes the summer before you start med school. The school you end up going to might have a completion date that is a month or two before school actually starts. For example UCI says you need to have all of your requirements done by sometime in June or July, i forget the actual date, but the point is that you need to make sure your summer course ends soon enough.

whew thanks, that was kind of stressing me out