Question about Prometric Center in Fairlawn, NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k00laid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there anyone here that has taken or knows anything about the prometric center in Fairlawn, NJ?

I drove there earlier to make sure I know how to get there for my test next week. I called them a few days ago to make sure I could come inside and see the dry erase board and marker and things. The guy I talked to on the phone seemed really nice. However... when I got there I was greeted buy an older man and also this blonde lady... and they were both extremely rude and reluctant to help. I just asked if I could see the marker and board and the guy gave me a kind of "roll eye" attitude as if I was stupid and asking him to do the most difficult task in the world. The drawer that the items were in were only a few feet away and he pulls them out and wouldn't bring them to me... because apparently walking 5 feet closer with a sheet and a marker would be oh so difficult. I then asked him if I could see the tip of the marker and he again rolls his eyes and stays put and uncaps the marker for a split second.... as if I can really see what it's like from that far away. After I obviously wouldn't leave without really seeing the marker and sheet more closely, the lady eventually said in a very reluctant and bitchy attitude "oh god just let her write with it then." I wanted to punch these people in the face and was just really shocked at their attitude. So since just getting them to show me those tiny items was like pulling teeth and they just put me in a really bad pissed off mood... I didn't ask for anything else and just left.

Sorry for the ranting, but anyways my real question is about the computers and the temperature of the rooms you work in. From what I saw when I was there.... the waiting room and the place in general seemed to be in pretty good condition. But I came home and read on some forums that one day the temperature was RIDICULOUSLY hot and that the computers/mouse are extremely old. I didn't get a chance to check out any of that and I really don't want to go back there to ask for anything else, so I was wondering if anybody that has taken the test or gotten a chance to see the inside could tell me what the comps/room in general are like. The forums I read were a few years old, I think... so hopefully they've updated their screens?

I'm nervous enough about the DAT as it is and if this place is really super crappy, then I might just try and change to a different place.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, is there anyone here that has taken or knows anything about the prometric center in Fairlawn, NJ?

I drove there earlier to make sure I know how to get there for my test next week. I called them a few days ago to make sure I could come inside and see the dry erase board and marker and things. The guy I talked to on the phone seemed really nice. However... when I got there I was greeted buy an older man and also this blonde lady... and they were both extremely rude and reluctant to help. I just asked if I could see the marker and board and the guy gave me a kind of "roll eye" attitude as if I was stupid and asking him to do the most difficult task in the world. The drawer that the items were in were only a few feet away and he pulls them out and wouldn't bring them to me... because apparently walking 5 feet closer with a sheet and a marker would be oh so difficult. I then asked him if I could see the tip of the marker and he again rolls his eyes and stays put and uncaps the marker for a split second.... as if I can really see what it's like from that far away. After I obviously wouldn't leave without really seeing the marker and sheet more closely, the lady eventually said in a very reluctant and bitchy attitude "oh god just let her write with it then." I wanted to punch these people in the face and was just really shocked at their attitude. So since just getting them to show me those tiny items was like pulling teeth and they just put me in a really bad pissed off mood... I didn't ask for anything else and just left.

Sorry for the ranting, but anyways my real question is about the computers and the temperature of the rooms you work in. From what I saw when I was there.... the waiting room and the place in general seemed to be in pretty good condition. But I came home and read on some forums that one day the temperature was RIDICULOUSLY hot and that the computers/mouse are extremely old. I didn't get a chance to check out any of that and I really don't want to go back there to ask for anything else, so I was wondering if anybody that has taken the test or gotten a chance to see the inside could tell me what the comps/room in general are like. The forums I read were a few years old, I think... so hopefully they've updated their screens?

I'm nervous enough about the DAT as it is and if this place is really super crappy, then I might just try and change to a different place.

Thanks!!

I took the DATs there last year. It wasnt so bad. My test was first thing in the morning so it wasn't crowded at all. I arrived really early so I was the first one there. I didnt have any problems with the markers or dry erase board. Theyre thin laminated sheets... has a grid on it also. They gave me 3 markers I believe. Overall, I had a good experience..except for my score of course. lol