rachmoninov3

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Question for all those who came before me and rocked the exam:

At my early stage in studying (1 week into it, and a 192 on USMLEWorld's first practice exam---yeah I'm sdn special ed.) I'm finding some discrepencies between my visual knowledge and my verbal knowledge. I.E. USMLE World wil have a picture that looks like a B lymphocyte to me, but the written question leads directly to an answer about T lymphocytes. So my question is do I go with the picture, or the written question?

Also, what do you do when a question just seems so improbable? FA's question book has a 23 year old with SCID! I thought these "bubble boys" didn't live that long. The lab values pointed directly to it, but the age range didn't match...I guess you go with the lab values?:rolleyes:

If there are any golden rules about what to trust most and in what order (History, Lab Values, Pathology pics etc) please let me know.

BoneTwister

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2008
Status
Trust what you learned in class from "real" doctors......vs a FA book written by some chinese bum.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Where the grass is always greener
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I thought ADA-SCID was specifically coined "Bubble Boy Syndrome" ... I could be wrong though.

WellWornLad

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Trust what you learned in class from "real" doctors......vs a FA book written by some chinese bum.
Wow, was wondering when this joker would finally get banned...

About the Ads