question about questions written versus pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachmoninov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for all those who came before me and rocked the exam:

At my early stage in studying (1 week into it, and a 192 on USMLEWorld's first practice exam---yeah I'm sdn special ed.) I'm finding some discrepencies between my visual knowledge and my verbal knowledge. I.E. USMLE World wil have a picture that looks like a B lymphocyte to me, but the written question leads directly to an answer about T lymphocytes. So my question is do I go with the picture, or the written question?

Also, what do you do when a question just seems so improbable? FA's question book has a 23 year old with SCID! I thought these "bubble boys" didn't live that long. The lab values pointed directly to it, but the age range didn't match...I guess you go with the lab values?:rolleyes:

If there are any golden rules about what to trust most and in what order (History, Lab Values, Pathology pics etc) please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Trust what you learned in class from "real" doctors......vs a FA book written by some chinese bum.