Question about reapplying with old MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kj8210

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I am a reapplicant this cycle and I was wondering what I should do. I took the MCAT two years ago and received a 26 (definitely due to lack of studying and time management). I did my Masters last year and now I am scheduled for the MCAT on July 9th. I was wondering if I should submit my primary with my 26 and then when I receive my new MCAT score (assuming its higher), email school admissions offices and update them with the score. Or should I just wait until I receive my new score back and then submit my primary? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Submit your primary to one school (that's not the top of your list, but you'd be happy to attend) to get the ball rolling so you get verified. Then submit the rest once you know where you stand.

Reactions: 1 users
what schools do you guys think I have a decent shot at with a 26 MCAT just so I can get verified and send some apps early? I have a 3.43cGPA, 3.3 sGPA and a 3.35 Masters GPA. Thanks!

what schools do you guys think I have a decent shot at with a 26 MCAT just so I can get verified and send some apps early? I have a 3.43cGPA, 3.3 sGPA and a 3.35 Masters GPA. Thanks!

You have a shot with all the newer schools, and mid-tier schools would be a reach.