Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
Does anyone know how Baylor is affiliated with M.D Anderson? Like if I was interested in cancer research at Baylor do they have their own Cancer research center or only through MD Anderson? I thought only UT schools were affiliated. I was hitting dead-ends trying to figure this out on their site.

JimBeezie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
Status
Haybrant said:
Does anyone know how Baylor is affiliated with M.D Anderson? Like if I was interested in cancer research at Baylor do they have their own Cancer research center or only through MD Anderson? I thought only UT schools were affiliated. I was hitting dead-ends trying to figure this out on their site.

Last edited:

BaylorLion

Playoffs - WIN OR GO HOME
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
Fort Worth, TX
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Baylor is affiliated with MD Anderson (it's one of our hospitals), such that if you're interested in doing research there as a medical student, you can. Baylor also has its own cancer research going on within the Baylor-owned buildings.

If you're not asking as a potential Baylor med student, and you want to do research at MD Anderson, you should probably try to apply/talk to faculty directly at MD Anderson.

neoncandle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I heard that there are problems between Baylor and MD Anderson, but that was from the people at the University of Texas at Houston.