Question about retaking class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thismeanswar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was hoping someone who is in the application process or knows a fair ammount about it could help me. My situation is as follows:

I took calc and analyt geom I and II as a senior in High school. Because I didn't care about my academics even in the slightest, I ended up wiht a 3.67 (I) and 3.0 (II). I was reconsidering taking these classes starting with calc I next semester. I'm pretty sure I can pull A's in both of these courses. My question is, how would a retake work in regards to the aamcas. Would both scores be seen? Is it even worth my while to retake this class?

If I exclude those two classes, my GPA falls somewhere in the 3.9 category. It just frustrates me that blowing this class off in H.S. Is coming back to haunt me. Thanks for the advice all!

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming these were college courses you took in high school, you have to report them to AMCAS. If you retake, both grades will show and be calculated into the average. I wouldn't retake anything with B and over.

I am uncertain of whether or not they count as college courses aamcas-wise. Although I do have a transcript form the affiliated university, I took it as a senior and in my own high school from a high school teacher.

Does anyone know how much adcoms look into times and dates of grades? Is it possible they will put less weight on these grades due to my taking them as a high school student?

Thanks all!