1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Question about reviewing application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Challenge, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Challenge

10+ Year Member

Hi folks, I just wanted to make clear about how ADCOMS and AACOMAS review our applicantions.
    In order to get an interview from any med school, do they (ADCOMS and AACOMAS) look only our numbers (MCAT and GPA) to select students for interview or do they also review other stuff such as recommendation and excracurriculars just to get an interview?
    Can a person who has very little experience (for example, only 3 months of volunteer) and decent numbers(GPA 3.6 and MCAT 30) get an interview?
    or a person who has outstanding experience( 3years of clinical experience and 2 years of research..) but has low numbers (GPA 3.0 and MCAT 25) can never get an interview because the committee first look at only his/her numbers?
    Any response will be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have a friend who got a 22 MCAT and 2.9 GPA who interviewed at LECOM two weeks ago. Her clinical experience and extracurriculars were pretty average, and I know that she had not arranged for her letters to be sent yet. Maybe her personal statement was something else, who knows, but she did manage to get her foot in the door without anything outstanding, so some schools do give people a chance.