question about Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gointamedschool

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering if Rush has a white coat ceremony?

i know that most, but not all, schools have a white coat ceremony and i think it has to be a pretty exciting event and i'm looking forward to hopefully having one. I just hope i didn't choose one of the few schools that doesn't do one.

so does anyone have any idea?

(i love how now that i know where i'm going.. THIS is the sort of thing that i worry about!)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on Rush, I might be your classmate, I got my acceptance last Friday :) I don't know if there is a white coat ceremony, I wonder if it says on their website??

For a minute there, I thought this thread was about the band from the great white north ;) congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rush has a white coat ceremony, at the end of the orientation week (before classes start). It's very nice, with speeches from the deans, and then each person is called one-by-one to the front to put on the coat. I assume this is similar to the ceremony at most other schools, but of course I've never been to those. I should warn you, though, that it takes place in one of the smaller (but very nice) lecture halls, and there isn't much room for a bunch of family members. At mine, only a few people invited family/friends, but we were told that you are more than welcome to have them come.

The best part of the whole thing was the slideshow that the second years put on, it was absolutely hilarious, even though a lot of the jokes took awhile to understand because we didn't know the professors yet.

By the way, congrats on Rush, it is an outstanding school that doesn't get much mention on SDN. I'm currently a third year and very happy with my choice of schools.

awesome. thanks y'all.

i loved rush when i went and visited and i knew that i would definitely go if i got in.

i've only heard great things from current/former students and that's gotta mean great times to come!

Yes, we have a White Coat Ceremony and they actually changed it this past year. We were able to invite family and friends and we filled up a decent-sized room. It was a very nice way to end orientation week and everyone enjoyed being able to have loved ones there as well.
Congrats on getting accepted...Rush is a wonderful place.
JD

Does anyone know what date orientation week begins? Just got in last week and im really pysched for everything to start.

I think it's in the beg. of Sept, but don't know exactly. Should be on the website.