question about science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tabularasa

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if Introductory Psychology and Cognitive Psychology are included in calculating the science GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Awww :(

I know that I want to go pre-med and for some reason, I am really interested in psychology. I never thought I'd be taking another class (cognitive psychology) and I'm not sure whether to major in it. (I know I can major in anything if I'm premed).

I'm scared that if I don't make it into med school, that I won't be able to get a job with a B.S. in psychology. I don't know what I should do because I have to take into consideration the chance that I might not be accepted to any medical school. Is there a way I can go to graduate school for psychology and still go to medical school?

I'm sorry for the really stupid questions. I've been lurking on these forums for awhile, and I recently joined.

Members don't see this ad :)

I know that I want to go pre-med and for some reason, I am really interested in psychology. I never thought I'd be taking another class (cognitive psychology) and I'm not sure whether to major in it. (I know I can major in anything if I'm premed).

I'm scared that if I don't make it into med school, that I won't be able to get a job with a B.S. in psychology. I don't know what I should do because I have to take into consideration the chance that I might not be accepted to any medical school. Is there a way I can go to graduate school for psychology and still go to medical school?

I'm sorry for the really stupid questions. I've been lurking on these forums for awhile, and I recently joined.

i took a lot of bio/cognitive psych. but i stricly included BCMP into my science gpa (bios/chems/maths/physics)....this is the way amcas verified as well.

i have heard, in canada at least, that getting into psychology grad school is very competitive. and clinical psych can be even more competitive than getting into medical school? feel free to correct me those from UofT ...if this is a case, i don't think its a good thing when plan B is more difficult to achieve than plan A :scared:

Is there something close to cognitive psychology I could major in that, in case I don't get into med school, I can still find a job in?

Also, is skipping one whole year of science classes to get all of the general requirements out of the way going to hurt me in the long run? I also, am taking spanish and cognitive psychology next semester as "electives" I guess, since I have no idea what to major in. Am I going to be under a lot of stress next year as a sophomore for doing this?