Question About Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

insertnamehereMD

Reaction score
I’m still waiting on some secondaries and was wondering, if you don’t receive a secondary by the school’s secondary deadline, does that mean you are automatically rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m still waiting on some secondaries and was wondering, if you don’t receive a secondary by the school’s secondary deadline, does that mean you are automatically rejected?
Probably a safe assumption. What other conclusion would you draw????

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I asked a friend and they said ^ may not be 100% accurate. I'd wait until you're actually rejected by the school before assuming the worst

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked a friend and they said ^ may not be 100% accurate. I'd wait until you're actually rejected by the school before assuming the worst
Ask your friend how you are supposed to submit your secondary after the deadline while waiting for your rejection, which, for the record, might NEVER actually come? People post here all the time asking an application is considered late 5 minutes after submissions begin. You and your friend might officially be the first people to wonder if it's late after a posted deadline. :cool:

And, for the record, yes, unless the school extends the deadline, they will not consider secondaries submitted after their deadline. THAT is how you will know you are rejected without actually being rejected by the school, no matter what your friend thinks. Because, even if OP did receive the secondary before the deadline, if he didn't submit it in time and didn't receive an extension, he'd be rejected. Not receiving a secondary at all by the submission deadline is pretty self explanatory to most people.

Also, while it is certainly disappointing, bearing in mind one of @Goro's favorite expressions regarding secondaries being nothing more than taxes on the naive and optimistic, there is something to be said for being grateful a school spared you the time and expense of submitting the secondary before rejecting you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ask your friend how you are supposed to submit your secondary after the deadline while waiting for your rejection, which, for the record, might NEVER actually come? People post here all the time asking an application is considered late 5 minutes after submissions begin. You and your friend might officially be the first people to wonder if it's late after a posted deadline. :cool:

And, for the record, yes, unless the school extends the deadline, they will not consider secondaries submitted after their deadline. THAT is how you will know you are rejected without actually being rejected by the school, no matter what your friend thinks. Because, even if OP did receive the secondary before the deadline, if he didn't submit it in time and didn't receive an extension, he'd be rejected. Not receiving a secondary at all by the submission deadline is pretty self explanatory to most people.

Also, while it is certainly disappointing, bearing in mind one of @Goro's favorite expressions regarding secondaries being nothing more than taxes on the naive and optimistic, there is something to be said for being grateful a school spared you the time and expense of submitting the secondary before rejecting you.

BINGO! Sad but true. No secondary means that they don't need anything else from you (i.e no thanks). Same as in dating.

Reactions: 1 users