FutureDoc1016

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it weird that I received a secondary application from NJMS but my amcas has not been approved yet... do I send in the secondary anyways? or do I first have to wait until I am approved? thanks :)

BuckerPark

Float on...
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Not wierd at all. Some schools choose to download preliminary info (name, DOB, address, etc.) from AMCAS before your GPA and classes are verified.

FutureDoc1016 said:
Is it weird that I received a secondary application from NJMS but my amcas has not been approved yet... do I send in the secondary anyways? or do I first have to wait until I am approved? thanks :)

burntfries

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
haha I just got mine too! i was actually confused as to whether it was really a secondary, but apparently it is =)

defrunner

I'm Greased Up
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I've heard that other schools do this as well. I'm sending in the check tomorrow even though I haven't been verified yet. I figure that it isn't going to hurt if I send it in ASAP, and besides, what's the worst that can happen? They don't cash my check and put my application on hold until I'm verified? Big deal; at least that's one school I won't have to worry about until (hopefully) interviews come. Admittedly, I don't have a lot of knowledge about this whole application process but my advice is to just get in what you can as soon as possible.

kyneuromania

Neurosurgeon
10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I have received a secondary too.

I am a out-of-state residents and do not really have connection to New Jersey state, so I was wondering what to put for 2nd question.
Should I just tell them I have no connection?

ClockworkDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 9, 2005
East Coast
Status
Resident [Any Field]
kyneuromania said:
I have received a secondary too.

I am a out-of-state residents and do not really have connection to New Jersey state, so I was wondering what to put for 2nd question.
Should I just tell them I have no connection?
I would do that, unless you can think of some other BS to put in there. Any relatives in NJ? Fascination with NJ culture?