Question about sending LORs through AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isthisuniqueenough

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question about the process of sending letter of recommendations through AMCAS (as my subject line already stated).

Should I send my individual letters to each school as they arrive, or should I wait until I have at least the minimum # of letters (usually 3) and send it in all at once?

Does it even matter?

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Just for information purposes: some schools might not accept letters directly sent to them. I read this at various schools, maybe it's because it takes manual efforts for administration at a time where it's already very difficult to work around applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the OP was referring to sending individual letters to schools via AMCAS (which is allowed and how most applicants send LORs) and not meaning to send them directly to schools (which violates agreements between AAMC and almost every school)

Yep, that was the intent of my question. But thanks anyway for the information, @Petrichor1.

I believe the OP was referring to sending individual letters to schools via AMCAS (which is allowed and how most applicants send LORs) and not meaning to send them directly to schools (which violates agreements between AAMC and almost every school)
Got it; I thought that maybe op was holding letters through a confidential service and telling that company to send the letters directly over to the schools. I think some schools might accept the letters but it's often best to follow rules and send your letters to either amcas or aacomas.