question about SOPHAS deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

publichealth20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To gaurantee the school will receive all the admission documents, does everything including transcript, GRE score, and recs needs to be submitted to SOPHAS 4 weeks before the actual deadline of the school? for example, if the app deadline is listed as Oct 16th, then I will have to send all the admission requirements around Sept 15th? This sounds like a bizaar rush for me at least, since I'm not taking GRE until late sept and my school doesnt start until 09/30 so there would be no way to contact my professors for recommendation letters! can someone please clarify this for me? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why would the deadline be 4 weeks earlier if it's listed as October 15th?

(I'm hoping to make the 10/15 deadline)

because it takes SOPHAS up to 4 weeks to process yout documents and mail them to the designated schools. semi-luckily I found out most schools' deadlines are not until Dec or Jan so I suppose it would be ok if I send everything to SHOPAS one month prior to the actual deadline indicated on each school's website?
btw, has anyone checked the SHOPAS calendar? I found it a little misleading by listing deadlines for all programs together. Is it better to just follow the specific deadlines on each school's website?

Last edited:
It can take SOPHAS a while to confirm your documents and then actually mail it out to the schools. There is something of a lag time between when you click submit and schools receiving the materials. I think it was around 2 weeks when I applied last year.