• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Question about Stony Brook and perhaps other schools

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
It's about admission...
I interviewed with Stony back in December and have not heard back from them as of yet...

Now lets say someone interviews this week or last week (basically much later than the date that I interviewed) with higher stats, etc...

Would they still decide on me before getting to this "person"? Am I going to be reviewed without the school taking this student's stats into account because I interviewed so much earlier?

This question is for other schools as well... thanks.

Diezel69x

The Oral Pathologist
10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2006
NY
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Im in the same boat as you are, i interviewed there in early november, but still no responce. This is like an unofficial waiting list. If yous stats are on the border line and if you impressed them on the interview in some way this is what they do. They are accepting students that are up to their standards. They're not rejecting people like us just in case they need few more students to fill up the class at the end. This is just what i think.

About the Ads

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Gotcha, thanks... I dont understand why they take so long just to put you on the waitlist... I really hope that I get an acceptance but it seems like at this point that it's waitlist time...

So can any1 answer my original question about one applicant who interviews earlier but does not get any info versus someone with better stats thatg interviews around this time...

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
  1. Dental Student
also, FYI, I remember last year, Stony Brook handed out a bunch of acceptances at once a few months after people had their interviews. My memory is fuzzy at this point, but I would dig through old posts at SDN if you're interested in what happened last year.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.