Question about that final secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IL Pre Med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On every secondary there's a question that goes something like "please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you here" or it's talking about being disadvantaged and asking you to elaborate. My question is since I have a low undergrad GPA I want to address this and make the adcom aware that those grades do not represent who I am or my work ethic. I have a 4.0 post bacc and 3.9 grad GPA but my old grades (some from 2006-2007) are weighing me down. Is it bad to talk about my situation in the last secondary question? I don't know how else to communicate this to the adcom.

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't there a section on the primary AMCAS application where you can talk about anything unusual about your academic record? That seems like a better place for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't there a section on the primary AMCAS application where you can talk about anything unusual about your academic record? That seems like a better place for it.
All I see is work/activities and a spot for my personal statement, can't freely write anywhere else. I don't see any other section where I can talk about this and I'm in my AMCAS right now, unless I'm totally missing it...

Did you not address your progress and history in your personal statement?
I focused my PS on why I want to be a physician instead of talking about my shortcomings. Everyone that read my PS steered me in that direction and I'm ultimately happy with my PS as a whole.

Reactions: 1 user
I focused my PS on why I want to be a physician instead of talking about my shortcomings. Everyone that read my PS steered me in that direction and I'm ultimately happy with my PS as a whole.

You are correct about the PS, though I used that "Is there anything else you want to tell us?" as a chance to sing the praises of the institution and to provide examples of how I thought I could contribute specifically to their community.

It's been a year, but I also could have sworn the primary had a spot to discuss academic issues.

It's been a year, but I also could have sworn the primary had a spot to discuss academic issues.

Me too, maybe it's gone now?

I tried to look back at my application but I guess you can't...though my PS showed up...weird system.

The primary has a spot to explain institutional action, but I don't recall a spot to explain anything simply unusual. I think the personal statement is a good place to spend some time talking about your growth as a student and person, such as times you've overcome poor performance and learned from it.

The primary has a spot to explain institutional action, but I don't recall a spot to explain anything simply unusual. I think the personal statement is a good place to spend some time talking about your growth as a student and person, such as times you've overcome poor performance and learned from it.
He's right I only see "institutional action" and "previous matriculation" fields