Question about the MCAT Please Read

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subtlepenguin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first time posting so I'm not sure if this is in the appropriate discussions area. Please let me know if I should post my question in another place.

I have a question about the MCAT and the Primary Application. I'm currently debating between taking a MCAT course either this year from July to September or next year from May to July. I know that if I choose to take it next year and then take the MCAT as soon as possible afterwards, I'd still have to wait until August for my scores to come out. Would this have any effect on my application as I hear most schools are admitting on a rolling basis? e.g. would my application be any different if I turned it in June/July versus late August?

I'm not entirely familiar with the application process so it'd be great if you guys could help me out! Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've read on these forums, the general consensus is that there isn't a huge difference between submitting in June versus August. However, there is an advantage to submitting as early as possible, so if you're a borderline applicant you may want to opt for the June submission.

There is an advantage to applying early. Schools will not send a secondary until they receive your MCAT scores. So while some people are complete and receiving interviews, you may still be finishing secondaries.

You will not be early and may be pushing being just slightly late. If you have a good MCAT score and a great GPA, then it shouldn't matter. Apply broadly.