Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

question about the UCIrvine secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by waiting123, Jan 11, 2002.

1. waiting123

waiting123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

This is for those who have filled out/are filling our Irvine's secondary. For the first question it says: Discuss what you consider to be your personal strength or weakness.
    Does this mean I should list only one strength and one weakness? I answered the question before realizing this and I mentioned a few strenghts and two weaknesses but now I don't know if this is correct. Btw, I know I am filling this out really late but they sent it to me only like two weeks ago and I was too burned out from my other secondaries so I am filling it out now. Thanks for any help and good luck to all!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Looks singular to me... I STRONGLY doubt that it matters however. Write whatever you think sounds best.

4. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Since the question doesn't specify how many strengths/weaknesses to list, you can write as many as you want. In answering the question, I made sure that I gave examples of why I claimed to have these strengths and what I've done about the weakness. Good Luck.

5. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I only wrote about one each. I did this because it sounded to me like that is what they wanted AND because they only allowed us 1/3 of a page to answer the question. With a description and analysis, etc. that doesn't leave room to talk about much more than one each.

6. YBee

YBee Member
    7+ Year Member

The way that the question is worded is nonsensical, because each of us (I think anyhow!) has more than one strength and weakness. I assumed that they wanted us to talk about our "greatest" of each though, (Respect for UC Irvine out the window tho' - don't they read their own apps for errors?)

7. waiting123

waiting123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, since another person described more than one I think I will too. I'll leave it the way it is because I already did the whole thing and I don't see how I would use up the all the space talking about one of each. Thanks for the help everyone and Good Luck!