Question About TMDSAS pre reqs for Dental Schools In Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does a C- count for Pre Dental credit in Texas?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

SXCoronado

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... the +/- is converted to just standard letter grades when you apply, but they'll still be checking your transcripts for verification. I think you'll be alright. Just give them a call tomorrow (TMDSAS), they're pretty helpful.

FWIW, you don't have to be so defensive. SDN is full of many nice and helpful people. Life is considerably easier when we do not presume.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You might have been better served if you had lit a dozen candles.

Hey fellow Longhorn!

I'm a senior at Texas also. Don't worry. When the time comes to apply to dental school, enter your grades AS IT APPEARS on your transcript (include your +/-'s.)
TMDSAS will convert all of those +/-'s into letter grades. So your ochem grade will be a C for TMDSAS.

Keep your head up bud. Sometimes, life just sucks but as long as you don't quit you will never fail.
Best of luck and Happy Holidays!

Interesting...*ahem* that this problem never seems to come up...*ahem*...for us University of Oklahoma graduates....

36-20 bud :)
Good luck against Bama. You'll need it.
Yea, yea, yea, but you got us head-to-head (historically as well), but there's really no denying which school has been more successful overall...
Honestly, we are taking the worst offense of the Bob Stoops era to a BCS game. It's really hard to be down on this game we will obviously lose.

Yea, yea, yea, but you got us head-to-head (historically as well), but there's really no denying which school has been more successful overall...
Honestly, we are taking the worst offense of the Bob Stoops era to a BCS game. It's really hard to be down on this game we will obviously lose.

Lol I'm 1-3 against Oklahoma since starting college. I'll take it!
Let's just say it's been a rough 4 years to watch haha.

Well. At least keep it close.
I usually pull for the entire Big 12 during bowl games anyways so please... Give 'em hell.

Well. Got a C+. Sad life. Thanks for your help fellas. At least I passed I guess. Haha. Round 2 gotta go hard!

Things happen man. Don't worry too much about it. Ochem at Texas is tough as heck. Just do well on the DAT (especially the ochem section) and you'll be fine.
Relax and Happy Holidays!

Do well in ochem 2 and you should be good to go :) and avoid Cs in the future!
Also, chad has really good non-DAT ochem videos for the regular ochem class. If you are having any trouble or may have missed understanding a few concepts in ochem 1, I highly suggest watching his videos before starting/while taking ochem 2 .

Things happen man. Don't worry too much about it. Ochem at Texas is tough as heck. Just do well on the DAT (especially the ochem section) and you'll be fine.
Relax and Happy Holidays!

I had this situation too. Got a C in Ochem 1 but I did have an upward trend. B in Ochem 2 and A in Ochem Lab (not sure if that counts). I got a 23 on the OC section of the DAT, think that's enough redemption for them? Also managed to get Colapret's recommendation letter (had him for 1 and 2), the pre health advisors thought that would help.