question about transcripts and AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCT15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had 4 transcripts received around the same time. 3 were received and the 4th was not. The 4th transcript did not have my current legal name on it because I was not married at that time and this school did not have the option of having both names on it. According to the school's transcript service they said they have signed confirmation that it was received about 3 weeks ago. I have my legal and maiden name entered into my AMCAS application.

Has anyone had any issues like this? I resent my transcript, but am worried that I will continue to have this issue with this one transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

did you call amcas? they are fairly helpful.

I called twice. They said they should be able to type in my maiden name and find my application. I just think it's odd that this one transcript didn't make it. They couldn't tell me anything other than maybe it got misplaced or maybe they just haven't gotten to it. The first time I called the person said it was only taking about 1 week to get them into the system...so if they don't have it in there by now it's probably lost.