Question About Transcripts!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ButImLETired, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ButImLETired

ButImLETired Prodigal member
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey guys,

I have an issue. I've taken classes at 3 Universities- one was my main UG, then I took a science class at another university, and now I'm taking some continuing ed classes at Stanford, where I work. These are really minor classes, and I took only one (a bio class, which I got an A in) so I sincerely doubt it would make a dent into my GPA. I entered it into AMCAS, though, and asked the department of continuing studies for a transcript, as well as the other two schools.
    I've been checking AMCAS periodically to see if they have received the 3 transcripts, and they haven't yet, so I figured I'd call and make sure they'd been sent out. According to the first two places, they have (so I feel confident they'll be into AMCAS soon), but in typical Stanford behavior (most. Disorganized. School. Ever.) they say that they never received my fax and it takes them 3-4 weeks for processing continuing ed requests for transcripts anyway. After being given these lovely news, I was transferred to the lady at the transcript office, but she wasn't there so I left her a message.
    Anyways, I guess I'm wondering what I should do.

Option 1: I could send them another fax and wait the 2-3 weeks for them to get it together and send it over to AMCAS and submit after they've received it, but I'm assuming it'll delay things even more since by then a lot of people will be submitting.

Option 2: I could also submit without that transcript being in, but I'm afraid then they'll hold my app until they receive that thing anyway in which case it will have the same result as Option 1.

Option 3: I could remove the class from AMCAS and pretend I didn't take it, but I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to do that (am I?). It's a science, but I don't even think it's a full credit and it really won't make much of a difference in my gpa.

THOUGHTS??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. armybound

armybound future urologist.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    they're going to hold up the app until they get your transcripts, so you better get on them ASAP to get it out.

as far as listing the course or not, it needs to go somewhere.. do you have it listed as current/future coursework?

4. pianola

pianola MS2

Medical Student

Go to the office of continuing education directly with your form. Explain what you need. Don't leave until they've done it ;)

I'm having my own transcript issues, so I feel your pain. Stupid processing time :(

5. ButImLETired

ButImLETired Prodigal member
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey,
    thanks so much for answering. I listed it as a grad class since I graduated in '07, and not as "current/future" cause I received a grade for it already. I was gonna take a summer class too but I decided against it just to avoid further delays.
    So I guess there's no way for me to just pretend I didn't take it? UGH...

6. armybound

armybound future urologist.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    are you working towards a graduate degree? if not, don't list it as graduate.. you want post-bac credit for it.