Question about transcripts.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a question about getting a withdrawl on your transcript, how bad is it really? Someone told me "it is worse than getting an F and should be avoided at all costs." Right now I am getting a C- in my math class. I can get a B if a get a really solid A (95% 96%) on the final, or I can end up getting a D if i don't do as well on the final. Realistically I will probably end up getting a C+. It is my first and will probably be my only withdrawl if i proceed in withdrawing. I guess what I am really asking is, will the withdrawl look that bad? Should I withdraw and take the class over the summer?

Members don't see this ad.

There's a similar post about a withdrawl on either page 2 or 3. I would look at that. To summarize, most people said that one or two w's are ok, but more are not. If I were in this situation, i would drop the class IF youre not confident that you can pull off at least a solid C. If you only have one or two C's it's no big deal...I dont think. One bad grade isn't going to hurt you! So dont worry about it too much.

I equate a withdrawal with a C - neither look great, but both can be explained. I'd take a W over a D or an F any day, and you should too.

I think you should withdraw and retake it this summer or next semester, whichever is more convenient for you. You're a freshman, right? It's no big deal then, b/c you can say you were still adjusting to college life. :p But try not to let it happen again! :D