question about transferring~thanks in advance for your help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllSmiles66

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

i just wanted to say thanks in advance for any help or advice i'm going to receive...

i'm currently halfway done college...i never came into college pre-med and just wanted to try out if i liked science...i concentrated on mainly english in high school...i've realized that i really would like to pursue medical school...however my current gpa is pretty low and although the past two years have been quite the learning experience, how much would transferring and starting new be?

Members don't see this ad.

Need more info.

I will say I'm currently finishing up my second year of college and spent the first 3 semesters of it, in a pre-medicine program which was really helpful. However, this current semester I overloaded myself with 19 hours of hardcore classes, except intro to psy, to graduate this May with an Associate Science degree. Not to mention, personal issues, and overall confusion about where to go in life and what to major in, I dropped all my classes except intro to psy and took a bunch of other non pre-med classes. To make a long story short, I'll graduate with my Associate's this May, but it will be in Diversified Studies instead of pre-med, and I'm fine with that.

Now this Fall I'm transferring to a 4 year school and can't wait. But this transfer process is somewhat shakey. Because some schools will accept my Associate degree as a waiver to all general education classes, and others won't. I advice you to check with the school(s) you are wanting to transfer before hand. If it at all possible, each semester as you enroll in classes be sure to make sure the school(s) you're a prospective student at will accept the class. Some people get screwed and don't realize it until its too late.

I guess too just when looking at schools keep your priorities on your mind.

If I can be of anymore help, let me know.

-Scott