Question about U PITT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay,
So I called them and they said they would start the program where interviewees can stay with students in med school in mid October. Pitt is NOT on Rolling Admissions. They make all their decisions in February or later I guess. Has anyone also received the letter to come interview but decided to wait a month or so before calling them back to schedule? They told me there is no time limit on how long I can wait before making an appointment for an interview.

What do you guys think?
The main reason I don't want to go out there right now is b/c financial reasons..that's a lot of $$$ coming from CA.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't sweat it. I accidentally waited THREE months after the initial letter and still got in there. I wouldn't recommend you try it, but certainly waiting a bit shouldn't be a big deal.

I got an email from the MD/PhD program offering to set me up with one of their students, but I guess the regular MD program doesnt do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor21,

Had you set up your interview already? Is that maybe why you got the email?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•Baylor21,

Had you set up your interview already? Is that maybe why you got the email?•

Yeah I set it up for Oct. 1st and 2nd. They didnt have any available days for MD/PhD before then.

I called the admissions office yesterday to set it up and got the email today.

Perhaps the MD program does the same thing.

The regular program does do that too. There used to be a packet that was included in the interview offer mailing. If you didn't receive it call the admissions office and ask about staying with students. I highly recommend staying with students. It is the best way to really learn what a program is like.

I did talk to them but they said they wouldn't be prepared to start doing that until mid October. I am just going to wait until then or like December or something to go interview there. I can't afford the trip out there right now.