1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Question about UChicago secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jonny-5, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Jonny-5

Jonny-5 Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the UChi secondary.
    Is the AMCAS # they request the same as the AAMC ID # on the AMCAS application?
    Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes. I think so. I hope so. Errrrr... That's what I used.

4. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

it was strange that there were 2 more boxes (at least on the printout) than there were numbers in my aamc id, but I'm still confident that thats the right number

5. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yes, i noticed that too, coop. i also had two extra boxes. but i just assumed that the AAMC ID is the same as the AMCAS and just went with it....

good luck with those essays...they're no fun....

6. Denilson

Denilson Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

me too...just extras..

7. drago

drago Member
    7+ Year Member

hey,
    what was the deal with the "additional" part under where you were supposed to enter coursework. i thought that this meant additional courses, but then the instructions said it meant to state what basis you used to determine your prereqs were met. sort of confusing. anyone know what i'm talking about?

8. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

actually, off the top of my head (i don't have the app in front of me), i don't even remember that section of the app (???). but maybe it's because all i've been thinking about is the essays.

9. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just a quick question to those UChicago applicants. I took my SAT about six years ago and I think I remember what my score is, but I'm not 100%. I called the people who administer the test and they told me 3-5 weeks for scores and $26.50. I don't want to wait that long so they can rush them for $36.50. Either of those is a rip off so I'm considering just filling in what I think I got. Will this matter and is anybody doing the same thing?

10. DrMakes

DrMakes Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

sundevil,

You might try calling your high school and getting that information from them. They may charge you to have them sent to you, or they may be nice and give them to you over the phone if you supply them with your social security number or some other positive identifier!

By the way, my guess is that UChicago does not use SAT/ACT information to make an admissions decision. If they did, I am certain they would require official script from the SAT/ACT administration. I would guess that it is used for statistical purposes (SAT/ACT/MCAT correlation, perhaps?)

Just a thought.

11. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

DrMakes,

Didn't think about that before, I'll give it a try. I saw on another thread that you will be attending UChicago this fall. What qualities of the school made this your choice? Do you like research (clinical or basic)? Maybe just personal reasons which aren't my business but thought I'd ask anyway.

12. DrMakes

DrMakes Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

sundevil,

I'm glad I could be of some help. Pritzker was among my top choices for medical school before I applied. My initial reasons (before receiving literature from the school) were primarily based on location and reputation. I am in love with Chicago the city. Having grown up in a suburb (and where my family currently resides), Pritzker seemed very practical in that respect. Also, the reputation in the area (as well as nationwide) is quite good. My first impression of it came a few years earlier when my father received treatment at the U of C hospitals.

My impression of the school increased dramatically after I visited. I was impressed by the positive attitude toward interdisciplinary study, the great attitude of the students, facutly, and administrators (meet Sylvia Robertson -- she is a wonderful woman), and finally, the attitude toward research that fit my interests to a T (both basic science and clinical, but don't get me wrong -- plenty of people go there who aren't interested in academic careers).

After I visited, I knew it was the school for me. The area is quite nice, being nestled in a vibrant and eclectic community in Chicago. I felt like I totally fit in. I applied to my state school, and 7 others (5 of them top 20). I turned down all other offers (interview and acceptances) when I heard from Pritzker.

I highly recommend at LEAST applying to this school, and visiting if you are offered an interview. I know the application is long, but you will find it is worthwhile, even if it turns out you don't find Pritzker as a good fit for you. At least you will get a great boxed lunch out of the deal.

Good luck!