Question about UCI, MCW, Wake and VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Code Brown

Low man on the totem pole
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone attending any of these four schools please shed some light as to what life has been like for you? What do you like, what don't you like. If you don't feel like posting here, feel free to PM me.

In case this helps frame your answer, I'm 30, from California, grew up in Canada and happily married.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I go to Wake. One of the main reasons I chose wake was because of the family friendly atmosphere. The cost of living out here is much lower as well. I also moved here from CA.

My class has a fairly high number of married students compared with other schools. The faculty is really understanding of family issues. My wife recently had a baby on the day of a final and they allowed me to make it up over a week later (there were some complications).

If you are looking for a big city with lots of partying then Wake probably isn't the best. But it is very safe and a good place to raise children. It is not so small that you can't find everything you need. The ocean is not too far away. My wife and I went to the outerbanks for a 3 day weekend for our anniversary and the beaches rival san diego in how nice they were. Much less crowded too.

If you have any other questions about wake please ask. You can PM me if you would like.

Thanks for getting back to me dsblaha. Does anyone else have anything worthwhile to say that would help me get a sense of what the schools are like?

Thanks.