Question about UCLA and Cornell Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hondapride

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do either of these ask if you know foreign languages? If so what is the wording on the question?

Members don't see this ad.

The UCLA secondary asks if you have taken 1 year of college Spanish.

Yup... And if you get all huffy and call their office and ask if it counts if you speak it fluently, they say, "Yeah, sure... Just put down that you've taken it." So perhaps the wording isn't really indicative of the intent?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup... And if you get all huffy and call their office and ask if it counts if you speak it fluently, they say, "Yeah, sure... Just put down that you've taken it." So perhaps the wording isn't really indicative of the intent?
I had an "exception" as well: I took 4 years of Spanish in high school, and I took 2 quarters of Spanish in college. I am currently working on my 3rd quarter. I speak Spanish when I volunteer at a free clinic. I asked if I could say "yes" to the question even though I've technically only taken 2 quarters of college Spanish, and the woman in the office said "Oh, sure, that's definitely fine."

I had an "exception" as well: I took 4 years of Spanish in high school, and I took 2 quarters of Spanish in college. I am currently working on my 3rd quarter. I speak Spanish when I volunteer at a free clinic. I asked if I could say "yes" to the question even though I've technically only taken 2 quarters of college Spanish, and the woman in the office said "Oh, sure, that's definitely fine."

What if learning Spanish is on your "todo list?" Does that count?