Question about UW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polycon7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would really realy like to apply to the University of Washington, but I'm not a resident nor a WWAMI student. Their program for underserved health is amazing! But would I just be wasting money by applying? :( I don't know what the stats are for OOS acceptance. Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, those stats pretty much speak for themselves. I am a UW Pre-med undergrad with residency in CA. In a Pre-med orientation dealie, they pretty much told us out of staters to not even bother wasting their money, they're too busy serving Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho to worry about anyone not from those states. On the other hand, if you are from one of those WWAMI states, then you have a much better chance. Hope that helps . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
If you truly believe in serving the underrepresented and you can make that shine in your application, then apply. Those numbers are quite harsh, however do not get the impression that UW only takes the tippy top students; they want people who are willing to serve the under-served.

Unfortunately I am a premed too. I also attend UW, however I avoid those premed sessions the university offers you. You must be a freshman if you are still going to them. To me it seems like those sessions are only their to discourage us from staying premed. I know Duke University comes every year to our school and they offer a great premed orientation... much better than UW's. They actually want us to apply lol.

What is the worst outcome if you apply? Time spent filling out the application? At least you will see how beautiful Seattle is.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

...just not this time of year. :) But it's still extremely cool. Ask any of our numerous scenesters.