Question about UWSOM secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runnergirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how many OOS applicants to University of Washington receive a secondary. I was sent one through email yesterday and really don't know if it is too late in the process to even be considered for an interview, especially because I'm from the east coast. I read in the MSAR that only about 84 out of more than 2000 get interviews, so I know it's a really slim chance anyway. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I fill it out, pay the money, and send it in? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

runnergirl said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how many OOS applicants to University of Washington receive a secondary. I was sent one through email yesterday and really don't know if it is too late in the process to even be considered for an interview, especially because I'm from the east coast. I read in the MSAR that only about 84 out of more than 2000 get interviews, so I know it's a really slim chance anyway. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I fill it out, pay the money, and send it in? Thanks.

as I recall, the fee was not expensive, so I'd go ahead and send it. slim chance is better than no chance. Best of luck!

Atleast you got a secondary. No OOS luck here for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely send it in. There is no advantage for people interviewing earlier versus later at the UW, plus there's plenty of time left. Also, they screen hardcore before sending out secondaries to OOS people, so your chances aren't that horrible.
Goodluck

You're really lucky to get one- I definitely haven't yet. At this point you've already spent 30$ on the school; why not spend a little more?

mashce said:
You're really lucky to get one- I definitely haven't yet. At this point you've already spent 30$ on the school; why not spend a little more?

I guess it's not so much the money I'm worried about -- I was just wondering if it was purely a shot in the dark. I definitely expected a rejection and was really surprised by the email. Thanks though for the positive responses, and GOOD LUCK to everyone still waiting! :)

just got the e-mail for a secondary. they're still coming! :thumbup: cali resident. reapplicant. last year i didn't finish my sec until january. i guess i'll be a little ahead in the game this year if i complete the forms this week. hahahahaha :laugh:

I am an OOS applicant and have an interview with the University of Washington on Jan. 9, 2006. I didnt know it was so tuf to get an OOS interview with the school.

It has always been my dream medical school and I did a summer program with them a couple of years back. They always stressed to us that if you recieved an interview as an OOS applicant your chances of then getting accepted were really good.

FYI: I sent in my secondary in early Novemeber and recieved an interview the day before Thanksgiving. So about a three week wait.

i, too, am looking for interview love again this year. last year i was complete in january and got an interview for late feb. late again... ;) and to think i'll be heading to seattle on friday for the holidays...

congrats to the OOS interviewees! best wishes! :luck:

StartingLine3--were you in MMEP?

barcelona-bound said:
i, too, am looking for interview love again this year. last year i was complete in january and got an interview for late feb. late again... ;) and to think i'll be heading to seattle on friday for the holidays...

congrats to the OOS interviewees! best wishes! :luck:

StartingLine3--were you in MMEP?

Yeah, I did SMEP.