Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Question about waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by icecoldstar, 05.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. icecoldstar

icecoldstar 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm currently waitlisted at a medical school X that does not reveal my position on waitlist. I've been accepted at a one year masters program at another institution Y. The deadline for responding to school Y is coming up really soon. Of course, I would prefer to go to medical school X than to attend masters at school Y. Here are my questions:

1. Is it appropriate to let school X know about the masters program and their deadline and my situation?

2. If yes, is it better to contact school X via email or phone?

3. Could I push it even further to ask school X if they can tell me if my chance of getting off their wait list is favorable or not WITHOUT revealing my exactly position on wait list.

Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Accept Y and asjk for a refund as soon as you hear positively from X. But, it's always best to plan for the worst-case scenario.

1. Is it appropriate to let school X know about the masters program and their deadline and my situation?

2. If yes, is it better to contact school X via email or phone?

3. Could I push it even further to ask school X if they can tell me if my chance of getting off their wait list is favorable or not WITHOUT revealing my exactly position on wait list.

About the ads