Question about WesternU/COMP Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DLe

Hi everyone, I have a question about Wester Unv. Admission. I have a 3.9 gpa, but a rather low MCAT (20, my verbal was pretty bad). Do you think I should retake the MCAT again next year? Or I have a goot shot at WesterU/COMP. I heard that their application pools increase alot these past years, so I am really worry. And which one is better(April or August)? And anyone know about their Early Decision Program? Thanks alot. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there.. while your GPA will keep you in good shape, I personally think it is worth it to take another MCAT as a 20 is a possibly "glaring" point on your application. While the schools do take other things into consideration, having a certain standard for statistics allow them to offer earlier interviews to people with more consistent "statistics". If you can bring your MCAT score up to at least 27-30 that should put you in much better shape with getting an interview.

I don't know which MCAT is better to take.. I think it depends on your schedule, although usually the earlier you take the MCAT before the application process, the less chance of it being delayed when sent to schools.

I don't know about the early decision program.. does anyone else know about this? You could try asking it in the COMP 2005/2006 message threads as more people tend to read those.

Hope this helps.