Question about where to live for Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ilovelamp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for students currently at Wayne State's medical school especially if you are from the Metro Detroit area. Where do you live? If your parents live in the suburbs, do you commute everyday? Is it feasible? Or do you live closer to the school?

My parents live at Maple and Beck, so my route would be M5 to 696 to 96 and then Woodward probably down to Detroit. Needless to say this will have a lot of traffic everyday. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with commuting from the suburbs? I would like some input on this. I would prefer to live somewhere closer to the campus, but I am unsure right now.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to save thousands of dollars then live at home. If you can stand your parents and study efficiently then stay at home. If you can deal with driving and traffic then live at home.

My girlfriend goes to wayne for undergrad and drives from Oakland Township everyday. Some days traffic can be really bad. Others it's not bad at all. It's heavily dependent on what time you leave and the road conditions/accidents. Of course she takes I-75 and not the route you are so it's a bit different but generally more of the same.

(I'm going to live at home)

Moving to the new Housing thread. More likely to get good answers there.

Thanks for moving the thread. I appreciate it. :)