SSD1

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone,

I am a 2nd year student from Vancouver, Canada.

My sci GPA so far has been around 3.95 and I was wondering if its a good idea to apply this year?

I am planning to write the American DAT in May. A few people have told me that since my GPA is so high, I should try applying the 2010-11 cycle and maybe I can get in after my 3rd year.

Do you guys think its a good idea?
If yes, what schools do you think I should apply to?

I am really interested in NYU because I have heard good things about it and so I will definitely apply there but where else?

Thanks!

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
Hi everyone,

My sci GPA so far has been around 3.95 and I was wondering if its a good idea to apply this year?

I am planning to write the American DAT in May. A few people have told me that since my GPA is so high, I should try applying the 2010-11 cycle and maybe I can get in after my 3rd year.

I am really interested in NYU because I have heard good things about it and so I will definitely apply there but where else?

Thanks!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=635046

Check this out, it should help.

Mar 21, 2010
Status
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
I don't think you can get into dental school without bachelor's degree these days.

Your GPA is high but there are many people with high GPA + B.S. degree.
And I don't know about NYU preference for Canadians.