• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

ayo302

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
MO
Status (Visible)
are they just for schools you have acceptances at, or are they for all schools to which you have applied, regardless of whether or not they have bothered to let you know anything since secondaries?

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by ayo302
are they just for schools you have acceptances at, or are they for all schools to which you have applied, regardless of whether or not they have bothered to let you know anything since secondaries?

Many schools accept emails... just drop them an email. If they require more, they will tell you.

Also, they are for all schools, I would say. It's just polite to get yourself out of the pile if there are others who really want that spot. Then again, that's just me...;)

BaseballFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
Status (Visible)
I've sent withdrawal letters to schools I don't want to attend- both those that have accepted me, and those at which I'm still waiting. I think they appreciate hearing from you, either way.

About the Ads

acab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by BaseballFan
I've sent withdrawal letters to schools I don't want to attend- both those that have accepted me, and those at which I'm still waiting. I think they appreciate hearing from you, either way.

I did the same.

ayo302

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
MO
Status (Visible)
i guess i should get started on sending out some emails then... thanks for the responses

ayo302

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
MO
Status (Visible)
oh, one more question... what about schools where your file was never completed, i.e. did not submit secondary?

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
oh, one more question... what about schools where your file was never completed, i.e. did not submit secondary?

well its safe to say that you missed their deadline so they consider you dead anyway. i dont know if i would bother with those schools.

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)

I e-mailed duke about this since I never completed their secondary and they wrote me back asking for a letter in writing (which I never sent, since I agree with Jlee).

As for withdrawal letters, I'd say at this stage in the game just wait for your rejection letters. Very few schools are still granting interviews and you can always call in the day you are offered the interview if you are not interested in attending. That's just my opinion.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.