Question and timing for Letter of Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CupcakeMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently been published and will be sending schools a letter of update. I plan to include the title of my paper, the other authors, where and when it was published, and a summary of my project. I had a few questions:

1) Should I also include a citation of my publication?
I'm not sure how to make that flow in a paragraph format.

2) When is it best to send the update letter?
I have complete my secondaries and haven't heard back from most schools. I heard sending it "ASAP" is best, but I have also heard that I should wait until my file has been reviewed to better my chances of the ad com looking at my application again. What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

i dont get it, i think the only thing really necessary is the proper citation of the publication itself. just look at end of a journal article on how to write it

i dont get it, i think the only thing really necessary is the proper citation of the publication itself. just look at end of a journal article on how to write it

I'm not sure what you don't understand? I know how to cite an article. I'm wondering if I need to write a proper citation in my letter as well, since all the information will already be in the letter--but in a paragraph format.

Last edited: