• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

pratik7

15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
Atlanta, Ga
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I have noticed that on the 3r-6r there is usually a passage or two that has 9-12 questions on it. Is that also true of the real mcat or are they messing with us. And why are the passages with a boatload of questions also the hard passages...ie picasso

jhk43

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
Visit site
Status
pratik7 said:
I have noticed that on the 3r-6r there is usually a passage or two that has 9-12 questions on it. Is that also true of the real mcat or are they messing with us. And why are the passages with a boatload of questions also the hard passages...ie picasso

they had to modify the "R" tests, meaning they had to cut/edit out five questions. i'm *HOPING* that their edits are screwy and the passages will be a bit more balanced. i hate those 10 question passages - they're ALWAYS the hardest!!!

pmpndaflip

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
pratik7 said:

Yeps, they always have one monster passage with 10 question on boring stuff. When I took it last yr they did at least. It was on literature..argghh :sleep:

About the Ads

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
pretty sure 7 had a long passage too. I would also say that 7's verbal is significantly harder than the others.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
7 had two long passages... even worse. I thought 7 verbal was really hard.

About the Ads