Question for any Duke undergrad alums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevster2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When med schools require 1 year of english credit, does it have to be straight up ENGLISH### or do our Writing credits count?

Members don't see this ad.

kevster2001 said:
When med schools require 1 year of english credit, does it have to be straight up ENGLISH### or do our Writing credits count?
It depends. It wouldn't count if you had a writing class in the BIO department, but certain classes in most of the humanities would probably work. If you want to make sure that a specific class fulfills the requirement, it'd be best to ask Dean Singer.

MrBurns10 said:
It depends. It wouldn't count if you had a writing class in the BIO department, but certain classes in most of the humanities would probably work. If you want to make sure that a specific class fulfills the requirement, it'd be best to ask Dean Singer.
Yeah I'm really kicking myself for not asking. Worst case scenario i take an english course second semester sr. year.

I counted my Writing 20 (the freshman writing course) and an actual English class. It worked out fine.