Question for anyone who's ever been accepted to pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chuck61686

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted to a pharmacy school with one of the stipulations being that you complete your bachelor's degree?
Reason I ask is cuz it might make sense in some cases to drop your major and only concentrate on completing the pre-reqs the final semester.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't stall getting a bachelors in order to concentrate on prereqs.

Why? Well, pharmacy school acceptance is not a guarantee no matter what your numbers. You very well may not get in and have to do more time for your bachelors.

It just doesn't seem in your best interest to defer a degree to concentrate on prereqs.

My opinion. Take lightly.

getting your bachelor helps your application a lot, because as you know the more you have the more competitive you will be. make yourself stand out

I suggest talking to some current or former students personally before you decide on a pharmacy school.
Many places are not what they seem or promise to be when recruiting or interviewing prospective students.
I've heard lots of sad, unbelievable stories about students being continually disrespected and treated unprofessionally by faculty at one place in particular.
It's often hard to really get the message across to someone that just wants to be accepted to a program somewhere that there may be certain schools that will make your life miserable way above and beyond the normal, difficult academic program.
Furthermore, students may be afraid of retaliation if they post their true feelings or factual events on forums such as these. Yes, it's true, there are some professors that will retaliate and intimidate students if they publisize facts about their school.
Good luck hunting a school.
I hope you will find one you can be proud of.