Question for April 2003 MCAT guys!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amit1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The April 2003 MCAT is the only MCAT I have ever taken (and hopefully the last). I am confused whether I should wait till June 24th to submit my AMCAS (therefore I don't have to rush anything) or should I get it all done and submitted by June 1st.

The deal is that I don't even know if medschools will even look at my application without an MCAT score. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Last year people's mcat scores showed up on the amcas applications before they recieved them from amcas. You may be able to make this decision between june 1 and june 24th if this happens again this year.

Originally posted by indo
Last year people's mcat scores showed up on the amcas applications before they recieved them from amcas. You may be able to make this decision between june 1 and june 24th if this happens again this year.

seriously? they had scores in by early june just appear on their amcas apps?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean to burst people's bubbles, but I find it hard to believe that we will have our MCAT scores starting the first day of AMCAS submission (June 2). If we could get our scores that early, why wouldn't they just mail them around that time or give us the link to see them online? Last year, it seems that the MCAT score was on the print application function because they also received their scores around June 7th online (near the first submission day of AMCAS). I hope that I'm wrong though, although I am start to get nervous about the possibility of seeing my MCAT scores next week...

Sachin

my good friend sachin... bubble-burster and fellow UVA SDN'ing crack-head... well, maybe it's a little heartening to know that we won't get them that way... i think it might be better to see my scores via THx, as opposed to checking my AMCAS app and unexpectedly getting cardiac failure after seeing my score on there

well sach, here's hoping to triple-bypass free summer :)

Originally posted by efex101
I am waiting *until* I see my scores to hit the submit button. Because I am applying to a lot of schools this will save me some $$$ if my scores suck.

I have been told by many pre-med advisors to wait until you get your scores until you submit your application as you may want to add some schools (or take some away). Besides, we'll all be waiting for our scores...

you can add schools later easily with a click after initial submission and u dont have to fill out 2ndaries froms chols that you find out are out of your range due to mcat scores albeit you will lose 30 bux it is still worth it to get it in early. i would submit early as possible that is what i did last year

How does your MCAT score get attached to your AMCAS application? When I registered to fill out my AMCAS application it didn't ask me anything about an MCAT ID #. Did I do something wrong?

What if i get the April score and decide to take it again in August but i still submit my amcas app? I have to check off that i'm taking it again in Aug? Also......will schools not look at my application then till the Aug scores are in?

Can i not check that i'm taking it in aug...but then decide to take it?
How does that work?

Lots of questions...:confused: