Question for AZCOM MS 3/4 or Grads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdrtoledo

Pharm Delicious
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just beginning to apply to residencies this fall. I remember hearing that the UA hospital in Tucson is pretty anti-DO in terms of residents and students. Just wanted to get input from the guys that are or have been there. Maybe things have changed recently? I appreciate your info.
A

Members don't see this ad.

There are some issues in regards to scheduling clinical rotations, but some azcom students start residencies there every year. I have done a number of rotations at Tucson Medical Center which has IM and Surgery residents from the U and I have never had any problems - alot of DO students rotate through TMC. Apply, interview,and get a feel for yourself - besides Tucson is a beautiful place to visit in the winter months!

drdrtoledo said:
Hi,
Just beginning to apply to residencies this fall. I remember hearing that the UA hospital in Tucson is pretty anti-DO in terms of residents and students. Just wanted to get input from the guys that are or have been there. Maybe things have changed recently? I appreciate your info.
A

I just did my IM rotation down there and I found them to actually be quite friendly to DO's. There were a couple of DO residents (IM and the chief resident in surgery) who said they weren't treated any differently than MD’s (and I saw a few DO attendings too). Even the UA students seemed very nice, respectful, and inviting to DO students. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your time. Again, what I heard were rumors a while ago. Glad to hear from people actually there that they are unfounded. Thanks again and good luck in your careers.
A

I agree it was great back when I was there too. I graduated from azcom 2003
drdrtoledo said:
Thank you both for your time. Again, what I heard were rumors a while ago. Glad to hear from people actually there that they are unfounded. Thanks again and good luck in your careers.
A