Question for KYCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theCLE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard some students say the 1st and 2nd year classes are mandatory but students occasionally don't go to class. I've also heard there is a possibility of having lecture attendance not required in the future.

Have you heard anything like this? Do you go to class? If not, by what means do you get the lecture info?

Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a student, but I talked to first years extensively about it. You can get away without going to class every once in a while. They do take attendance, but missing a few classes isn't going to get you in trouble, but in NO way should you interpret this as attendance is not mandatory. Don't choose a school because they might change something you strongly dislike.

IMO they need to eliminate mandatory classes because it will improve the appeal of attending this school. Eliminating the dress code wouldn't hurt either. I really liked the school facilities and think this would be a great school if you don't mind the previously mentioned.

That is correct, classes are technically mandatory but students do miss classes. Only classes you CANNOT MISS are labs basically. They are currently working on a prevision that will make classes have an attendance policy with what the professors would like. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

2nd yr student. Classes are "mandatory" but most are recorded and the majority of professors don't care if you come

Reactions: 1 user