Question for NOVA students

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by CVPA, Jun 13, 2001.

1. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

Hey All"

Just wanted to ask a quick question of anyone who is attending NOVA.

I have had some difficulties with previous colleges providing transcripts. Since I am 36, I have about 6 colleges to get transcripts from and it has been quite a hassle to say the least. Anyway, I was wondering if I got accepted to NOVA, do they require an additional set of transcripts to be sent to them in addition to the AACOMAS, or would the AACOMAS be the last time I ever have to go through that nonsense again??

Thanks in advance and I hope all of your studies are going well.

Chris

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Steev2000

Steev2000 Member

Hey, good luck with your application process! To answer your question, yes, you will have to send in transcripts again. Take care.

4. acaban

acaban Senior Member

Hi CVPA:

I'm an incoming student for 2005. I had to resubmit transcripts for all three universities that I attended. Good Luck! AJC :D

5. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member

Aaaargh!! OK, guys thanks for the info.. Why do they have to see them again after AACOMAS just verified them??! Oh well, I guess if I have gotten that far, I will just be happy that I got in... :)

Chris

6. ADRIANSHOE

ADRIANSHOE Senior Member

my guess (uneducated) is that its a matter of record keeping and liability, they have to have on file your info regardless of what an outside credentialing body sends them..
    as an aside, having experienced the same pain in the ass getting transcripts from my three schools, it'd be nice to have a webclearinghouse where you click on your school transcripts (maybe even save them for reordering later) and then for a small fee they handle the task of getting these transcripts routing them and sending you a notice of reciept...sure would be worth it not to have to write to three different schools and check back on them and recheck on them etc...