Question for Osteopathic Psych Residents in Philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HCE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone in a Psych Philly program please tell me how their residency program handled the required AOA Internship Year? Einstein seems to be pretty straightforward, since they have a dually accredited internship year tied to a psych residency.

How about Jefferson, Temple, Drexel and UPenn? Do residents seek to have the internship year approved by the AOA, or do they do the AOA internship year, followed by a four year residency? Do the residency programs have a preference?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone in a Psych Philly program please tell me how their residency program handled the required AOA Internship Year? Einstein seems to be pretty straightforward, since they have a dually accredited internship year tied to a psych residency.

How about Jefferson, Temple, Drexel and UPenn? Do residents seek to have the internship year approved by the AOA, or do they do the AOA internship year, followed by a four year residency? Do the residency programs have a preference?

Okay, no responses yet from Residents...does anyone, resident or not, have any of this information for the Philly programs?

I go to med school in Philly (4th year), and I've known a couple D.O. residents, so let me see if I can help you out. I know the program at Einstein (AEMC) in North Philly is dual-accreditation, so you would have no worries there.

I'm scratching my head, but I can't honestly remember about any of the others right now. I hope this little tidbit helps at least!

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to med school in Philly (4th year), and I've known a couple D.O. residents, so let me see if I can help you out. I know the program at Einstein (AEMC) in North Philly is dual-accreditation, so you would have no worries there.

I'm scratching my head, but I can't honestly remember about any of the others right now. I hope this little tidbit helps at least!

Thanks for the response jj....Yeah, I figured Eistein out....I noticed on the recently published PCOM Match List that some of their graduates were at Jefferson and Temple. Since they don't have dually accredited internships at those residencies, I was curious as to how the AOA thing would work. I'm assuming they would either enter the residency after the AOA internship, the AOA approved the Temple/Jefferson intern years, or the residencies created a curriculum that was acceptable to the AOA.

I assume that any D.O.'s doing their Psych Internship or Residency in a Philly program are either working terribly long hours (and maybe a q1 call), or that they don't have the SDN addiction, or just find my original question boring and tedious....

Do you think that calling program directors with questions like this make you appear to be a bit of a nuisance?

Actually, I'm starting to bore myself....